29 January 2009

Save money, book your airport parking in advance

I want to say thanks to Mary for highlighting the problems faced by disabled drivers who don’t book their airport parking in advance in her blog post http://cheapairtravel.ieee-icc007.org/2009/01/28/disabled-traveler-encounters-problem-with-airport-parking/

She also shows how expensive airport parking is if you don’t book in advance and pay the gate price. In fact you could end up paying as much as 30% more for not bothering.

Would you want to pay more? Plus, would you also want to face the uncertainty of not knowing whether you’ll find a space when you arrive?

For peace of mind and to save money, always book your airport parking in advance. There are many online booking engines when you can compare prices and book airport parking online.

For disabled drivers, those travelling with children or large sports equipment, I’d recommend meet and greet parking as a very convenient service – one that you don’t have to worry about negotiating your way on and off a shuttle bus with a wheelchair, kids or your sports equipment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Local, regional airports can be great for frequent business travelers like me. By using my nearest regional aiport (Manchester) I save myself countless hours of travelling and significant travel costs.

Another way that I save money on my frequent business trips to Europe is to pre-book my space at theonlysiteyouneed.info/for-airport-parking-2 well in advance. Once I’ve booked my flight the next thing I do is reserve my airport parking space. This saves me up to around 60% on regular parking charges.

It took me some time to realize the savings that could be made by booking in advance. I had alwayst just turned up at the airport hoping to find an available parking space and then paid full price for it. It wasn’t until a fellow passenger told me how he had saved over 50% in parking charges by pre-booking that I realized how much money I had been wasting.

It’s easy, these days, to compare prices online and book in advance. Doing this as early as possible will ensure that you have a space available when you turn up at the airport and leave some valuable cash in your pocket. If you don’t book in advance there is the chance that you will turn up at the airport only to find that there are no spaces left.

manchester airport provides a number of onsite car parking options, within the airport boundary, along with a good selection of off-airport car parks from a number of well known and reputable car park operators. You may also like to consider valet parking, sometimes called ‘meet and greet’ parking. Using this option means that you don’t even need to find your parking space. All you need to do is turn up at the airport terminal, at the agreed time, and a fully insured chauffeur will park your car for you. Upon your return to the airport they will collect your car and have it ready for you to drive home. All you need to do is remember not to drink too much on the aircraft before disembarking.

You can also save some money on manchester airport parking and Heathrow parking by booking your car parking space well in advance.